Getting a conservative estimate on how much my property is worth?
The simplest way to find out how much your property is worth is to contact a few local estate agents and ask them to give you an open market valuation.
By asking this way you should not get over inflated offers that estate agents sometimes make in order to get your business.
It is a be a big mistake to operate in the dark as a seller. You can end up over pricing or even under valuing your property thus loosing thousands of pounds. Lowering the value mostly works to your advantage as it creates a larger number of buyers which can lead to high value offers.
In case you are adamant to reduce your price, it’s best to be patient until the market conditions get better. If you don’t need to sell fast you can hold out for the right price, however if you need to sell fast then a competitive price and well presented property will give the best chance of a sale.
How to Sell My House Fast
- Clean and declutter. There are many strategies for selling a house fast, but when you’re short on time, one definite must is making your home’s interior appeal to as many buyers as possible.
- Pick a selling strategy. When deciding how to list your home, there are two conventional sales options — selling for sale by owner (FSBO) or with a real estate agent — and a few alternatives.
- Price to sell. According to the Zillow Group Report, 21 percent of sellers said that their biggest challenge was selling within their desired time frame.
- Handle any quick repairs. Patch up spots where paint is peeled or scratched. Fix loose tiles. Repair loose door handles. Tighten leaky faucets.
- Stage and add curb appeal. No matter your timeline, every seller can benefit from a weekend spent sprucing up their home’s interior and exterior.
How to sell your house fast for top dollar?
Top Tips to Sell Your Home Fast
- Make sure that you’re ready to sell. Starting the process of selling your home could be a waste of time if you aren’t prepared.
- Choose the right time to sell.
- Make minor upgrades to your home.
- Decide on the best price for your home.
Options for You When Your Home Will Not Sell
- If you’re having a hard time selling your home, it’s easy to get discouraged, but there are still some steps you can take.
- Try postponing your sale, taking on another loan, renting out your home, or doing a short sale.
- You could offer your home on a lease program, ask your employer about relocation options, or lower the price under market value.
- Consider a New Mortgage
- Rent Your Home Instead
- Consider a Short Sale
- Lower the Price to Under Market Value