Top home selling mistakes you should avoid
Underestimating the costs of selling.
Setting an unrealistic price.
Only considering the highest offer.
Ignoring major repairs and making costly renovations.
Not preparing your home for sale.
Choosing the wrong agent or the wrong way to sell.
- Keep your emotions in check and stay focused on the business aspect of selling your home.
- Hiring an agent may cost more in commission, but it can take a lot of the guesswork out of selling.
- If you decide to sell on your own, set a reasonable sale price and keep the time of year in mind.
- Prepare for the sale, don’t skimp on the visuals in your listing, and disclose any issues with the property.
Why am I so sad about selling my house?
Selling is an emotional grind
The home selling process itself can be an unpredictable and emotional rollercoaster. There are specific parts of the process where emotions are more likely to flare up. Deciding the sale price. A home full of memories may have high value to you, and you may want to set a high price.
7 Easy Staging Tips That Help Homes Sell For Top Dollar
- #1 Create a Welcoming Entrance.
- #2 Avoid Pushing Furniture Against the Walls.
- #3 Create a Function for Awkward Spaces.
- #4 Focus on Your Big Selling Rooms.
- #5 Don’t Forget About Lighting.
- #6 Think About Neutralizing Your Style.
- #7 Create a Hotel-Worthy Master Bedroom.