Fayetteville is a Sellers Housing Market, which means prices tend to be higher and homes sell faster. Fayetteville, NC is a buyer’s market in April 2022, which means that the supply of homes is greater than the demand for homes.
Is Fayetteville a good place to invest in real estate?
The Fayetteville and Fort Brag area is an outstanding location to invest in real estate. It attracts investors from all over the world in my experience due to the cheap price of real estate and stable community anchored by our military.
Are home prices dropping in North Carolina?
Closed sales in January 2022 compared to January 2021 decreased 0.7 percent. New listings dropped 12.9 percent year-over-year as sellers listed 3,892 new homes for sale. Inventory fell by 43.9 percent year-over-year to 2,546 homes for sale, or 0.5 months of supply (approximately 15 days).
What is the real estate market like in NC?
Across the state, 44.2% of North Carolina homes are now considered equity rich, up from 38.6% at the end of the third quarter of 2021 and up from 24% at the end of 2020, the data set showed. The county with the highest percentage of equity rich homes is Haywood County, with a population of 61,053.
Real estate market
All across North Carolina, the demand for housing is heating up, especially in the Fayetteville real estate market. In fact, Fayetteville was recently named as home to one of the 5 hottest real estate markets in the entire country according to the National Association of Realtors.8
Sales prices of single-family homes in Fayetteville have increased by nearly 20% over the past year, with some houses receiving dozens of offers within a couple of weeks of being listed for sale.9,10
Key market stats:
- Zillow Home Value Index for Fayetteville is $162,647 as of November 2021.
- Home values in Fayetteville, NC increased by 19.3% over the past year and have grown by more than 43% since 2016.
- The median listing price of a home for sale in Fayetteville is $179,900 according to the most recent report from Realtor.com (November 2021).11
- The median listing price per square foot for a home in Fayetteville is $111.
- Over the past 12 months, the median listing price of homes for sale in Fayetteville have increased by 12.4%.
- The median sold home price in Fayetteville, NC is $169,000.
- Realtor.com notes that the sales-to-list price ratio in Fayetteville is 100%, which means that homes are selling for approximately the asking price on average.
- Of the 8 neighborhoods in Fayetteville, Kings Grant Club is the most expensive with a median listing price of $262,500.
- Most affordable neighborhood in Fayetteville is Westover where the median listing price of a home for sale is $145,000.
Fayetteville, NC Housing Market Summary
The median list price in Fayetteville is $199,900. The median list price in Fayetteville was less than 1% change from March to April. Fayetteville’s home resale inventories is 1,181, which increased 0 percent since March 2022. The median list price per square foot in Fayetteville is $117. March 2022 was $116.
Distressed properties such as foreclosures and short sales remained the same as a percentage of the total market in April. Fayetteville, North Carolina real estate market statistics are calculated by Shortsleeves Real Estate every day from various sources so that you can stay up-to-date with trends in the Fayetteville homes for sale market. Shortsleeves Real Estate displays information on foreclosures, short-sales, and REO (real estate owned) properties in both charts and graphs so that you can see the percentage of distressed listings in Fayetteville. Shortsleeves Real Estate is your comprehensive source for Fayetteville property information. We try to display data that is as accurate as possible, but we cannot guarantee the accuracy of our statistics. The data on this page is for informational purposes only.