In a slow housing market, property buyers are looking for the best deal. If you want to sell your house fast, you need to make the deal attractive and appealing. Here are some suggestions:
- Accepting offers that fall below your asking price since you never know how long it will take for another one to show up. You can always make a counter offer, but you should ask yourself if you are willing to wait months for a better offer that may not come at all.
- If you have a difficult time showing the house, lower the price another $5000-$10000 to attract more buyers. If it doesn’t sell within 30 days of reducing its asking price, drop the price again.
- Highlight any renovations you’ve made and offer to pay closing costs for the buyer.
- List your real estate agent as a bonus if they can sell your house fast.
- Allow buyers to move in once they buy your house, rather than wait for 30 days or more before you moving out.
This is actually not a fast sale option at all, but we want to list it so you understand what it means. Many people think the term “short” refers to it taking a shorter amount of time to sell. However, the short refers strictly to the short on the sale price as your lender is working to sell your home for less than you owe. This option only makes sense if you are in dire straits and need to sell your house to avoid foreclosure.
Take Your Marketing Game Up a Notch
Challenging times call for tough measures. If you have never leveraged paid advertising, you’ll want to do it in a slow market.
But before you roll the dice on paid advertising, make sure your house is presentable. Start by doing minor upgrades, like painting the walls, to give the house an aesthetic appeal.
Once you have “freshened up” your house, be sure to take quality marketing photos. For best results, hire a professional photographer and a home stager.
Next, you’ll want to leverage email marketing and paid social media advertising. With over 3.6 billion people using social media worldwide, social media is a tool you don’t want to miss in your marketing arsenal.
By following these tips, your listing will get exposed to a large pool of buyers, which will increase your chances of selling your home in a slow market.