Tips to Sell Your Home for Top Dollar
- Price your home aggressively.
- Use price points.
- Consider value range marketing.
- Offer a bonus to selling agents.
- Hire an aggressive listing agent.
- Encourage two way critiques.
- Offer incentives & pre-paids.
- Stage the home & use curb appeal.
Staging Your Home to Sell for Top Dollar
- Clean & Declutter Your Home.
- Remove Personal Items.
- Furnish Empty Spaces.
- Let in Natural Light.
- Hire a Professional Photographer.
- Choose the Right Paint Color for Your Walls.
- Spruce Up Your Curb Appeal.
- Upgrade Carpets & Floors.
We Buy Houses for Cash Companies
You’ve no doubt seen their signage by the side of the road, boasting their famous tagline: “We buy ugly houses!”
If you’re looking for how to sell your home fast, companies that make cash offers for homes are one of the top methods. These are usually local investors who want to flip your house for a profit. More importantly, they have the cash on hand. This is why they’re so much faster than most other methods.
Because they have the money on hand they don’t have to wait on financing approval or for mortgage paperwork to be completed. This allows them to buy your home in a much shorter time period.
Typically, We Buy Houses for Cash companies will set up a free, no-obligation consultation to see your home in person. They’ll usually make you an offer either on the spot or within 24 to 48 hours. If you accept their offer, they can usually close within anywhere from seven days to three weeks, although they may extend later if that’s better for you.
We Buy Houses for Cash companies will buy your house “as is,” meaning you don’t have to spend time or money fixing it up or adding curb appeal. And for the most part, they won’t charge any fees. What they offer is what you’ll get at closing.
So what’s the catch? The money. Although they will close quickly, We Buy Houses for Cash companies can offer as much as 2% to 5% under the market value of your home. And their offers are non-negotiable. But if you are in a hurry and don’t mind accepting an offer way below market value, We Buy Houses for Cash companies might be a good option.
Here are a few things to keep an eye on:
- Make sure all outlets and plugs work.
- Touch up any chipped paint, the crown molding, and any loose railing.
- On older homes, be sure to have a home inspection.
- Check that windows aren’t painted shut.
- Clean up dust in places you normally don’t reach.
How do I make my house look nice for sale?
Make sure your home is ready to lure in onlookers with these tips:
- Power wash siding and walkways.
- Hang easy-to-read house numbers.
- Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery.
- Mow lawn, and reseed or add fresh sod as needed.
- Wash front windows.
- Repaint or stain the porch floor as needed.